camilla <font face=Trebuchet MS size=2 color=#000000><p align=justify>camilla violet st. john

<p align=justify>Once upon a time in a land far away, there lived an enchanted princess .. That's how most faerie tales start off. Kind of sets you up for major disappointment once you hit the 'real life' stage. When you're a kid, all that lovey dovey happily ever after stuff seems kind of nice. Reality likes to slap you in the face and yell, "Hey stupid, this isn't true."

<p align=justify>Alcoholics for parents, a house in the middle of the bayou that had more cracks in it than floor.. the nice stuff in life, you know? My first real memory was repeated over and over again until I left that rathole. Harris and Analee fighting over a bottle of rotgut while me and Sammy huddled beneath the kitchen table, holding each other. I guess when you hear someone talking about dysfunctional families, and mental abuse on kids .. yeah.. that could've been us. We didn't know any better.

<p align=justify>Even when we started knowing better, it didn't matter. That's how life was. I use that word a lot. Life. I guess I'm just glad I have one, instead of being worm food. You never know.

( more writing can be found here )